What’s “live away” pricing?
Beechwood’s “live away” pricing is intended to take the guesswork out of building a new home. It allows customers to see if a home fits within their budget and allows a true comparison with other builders. Most builders advertise a basic price for a house, but when the many extra variables (such as site costs, BASIX, and Council and regulatory costs) are added, the basic price and the final quoted price are often ‘chalk and cheese’. Beechwood has been building homes for so long that we can confidently predict what the build price will be if a property has certain characteristics. There are some conditions, but in the vast majority of cases, where a property meets eligibility requirements, the “live away” price will be the final price.
- Vacant block of land only (additional costs apply to Knock Down Rebuilds).
- Does not include land costs.
- Limited home design customisation may be available at an additional cost.
- Properties in bushfire attack level zones, flood areas, landslip areas, subsidence areas, or wind classifications above N2 or acoustic requirements, will incur additional costs.
- Based on lot size no greater than 600 square metres. Larger properties may incur additional costs. Site fall in any direction no greater than 600mm.
- Sites with larger falls may incur additional costs.
- No allowance for rock, or dropped concrete edge beams, ground conditions that do not support a H1 class slab, abnormal or unsuitable surface or soil conditions, stepped garages exceeding two brick courses, or additional requirements due to service or maintenance easements.
- Façade and inclusion upgrades available at additional cost.
- Clearing of trees, landscaping, retaining walls, driveways and fences are not included, but may be available at an additional cost.
- Subject to site inspection, section 10.7 (149) certificate conditions, 88B instrument conditions, surveyor’s levels, land developer guidelines or requirements.
- All services must be within property boundaries and within 10 metres of residence. Underground power only.
- Standard BASIX includes 3000L above ground poly water tank, dual plumbing to laundry, toilets and external tap, insulation (R4 to ceilings, R2 to external walls), 3 star rated shower heads, tapware and W/C’s throughout.
- New customers only. Promotion is not available for properties that Beechwood Homes has previously provided a tender for.
- Promotion expires on 30 November 2019, and tenders issued in relation to promotion must be accepted with deposit paid within 14 days of issue.
- Travel allowances and area surcharges may apply to some areas (see below).
Council areas included in promotion:
Sydney: Blacktown, Camden, Campbelltown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Hills Shire (Box Hill and south of Annangrove), Liverpool, Parramatta, Penrith
North: Newcastle, Maitland, Lake Macquarie, Cessnock, Central Coast
South: Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, Shoalhaven (north of Sussex Inlet)
Surcharges for Council areas not included in promotion:
$4,000 - Blue Mountains (east of Blaxland) Hawkesbury (Sydney side of river), Hills Shire (Annangrove, Kenthurst, Dural, Nelson, Maraylya), Ryde, Strathfield, Burwood, Canterbury, Bankstown, Georges River
$8,000 - Blue Mountains (Blaxland to Leura), Hawkesbury (Kurrajong and east), Hills Shire (Glenorie and north), Canada Bay, Hornsby, Ku-ring-gai, Bayside, Sutherland, Port Stephens, Wingecarribee
$12,000 - Blue Mountains (Katoomba to Mt Victoria), Hawkesbury (west of Kurrajong), Northern Beaches, inner Sydney Council areas, Singleton, Dungog, Wollondilly, Shoalhaven (Sussex Inlet and south)
Other areas price on application